Prev: RE: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Point Defense Weapon systems.

RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns == ScatterPack

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:20:30 +0100
Subject: RE: PDS - Super Rapid Fire Guns == ScatterPack

<Metal storm gun>
>Now imagine if that gun kept ammo on a belt-feed mechanism!  ::putting
>pencil to paper::  Thanks again for making a yank feel welcome.  If you
>have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
I don't think it can be. Part of the methodology for the gun firing at
such
a high rate is that it actually loads multiple rounds into the mechanism
at
once, which I would uess would be very tricky with a belt feed. Even if
doable I suspect it would be hard to maintain.

Actually, anyone who is seriously interested in this, the comp[any that
makes it has a web site. Dunno the address but you can get to it via the
report on the Tomorrow's World web site whihc is at www.bbc.co.uk/tw

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: RE: One question that's plagued me about Full Thrust Next: Point Defense Weapon systems.