Prev: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes Next: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED

From: TEHughes@a...
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 12:41:52 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED

<< > > The problem I have with the 'every race has a different FTL
method' is
 > > simple: laws of physics are universal.
 >  >>

The Laws of Physics may be universal, but the rules of Engineering are
NOT.
 Most engineers will tell you that there are more than one way to skin a
cat!
(I understand that some people actually don't want to skin cats!!)
Some people ride cars down to the corner store, some people ride bikes,
and
some people even walk -- but they all get there even if it's by
different
means.

Tom Hughes
Non Quaerere, Non Dicere

Prev: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes Next: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)