Prev: Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust. Next: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes

Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust.

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 06:48:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust.

An Idea I've had is using the board and maybe the background of the
"Buck Rogers: Battle for the Solar System" game.
Using the "transit" lines to move back and forth, ships sensors, (and
more powerful planetary based ones) would need a chance to spot
incoming fleets, (mods for ECM?), I'd rule transit battles out, as
the fuel requirements to accelerate to transfer speed, (say escape a
battle by acceleerating to speed 30+?) and decellerate on the other
end, would be prohibitive. If two fleets do pass on the same transit
line, give them a chance to take one set of pot shots at each other
as they scream past, IF they detect each other. (ECM/ Weasel boats,
etc. would modifiy)
Once on the ground you fight DSII or Stargrunt battles. (Raids for
SG, invasions in DSII) Each planet is divided into regions and all
players agree how many battles to fight to take a region. (I'd
suggest best of 3)
Modify some ot the game rules to show production and I think it's
work rather well.
Unfourtunatly,	I no longer have my game, (and since disscovering GZG
series I've been kicking myself alot about selling it) so if anyone
does try it, let me know if it works! :)

Randy
Randy Campbell

For Something Out of This World
Check Out:  http://www.millennial.org

Prev: Re: Interplantery backgroud Full Thrust. Next: Re: Realistic Fleet sizes