Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

From: Why is it always 'thin air'? Why can't it be 'fat air'? 'Mostly fit but could lose a few pounds air'? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:21:35 -0400
Subject: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)

>> What if Kra'vak are sensitive to radio? What if radio causes
>> intense migraines in Kra'vak? Kra'vak would then tend not to...
[...]
>AFAIK, according to the offical background, the Kra'vak did fire
>first...but given the idea of migraines thru radio freqs, I can't say I
>blame them - if someone hit my ship with something that gave the whole
>crew headaches, I think I'd shoot back...

The *only* problem with the radio waves idea is....space is fraught
with radio waves already. Stars, nebulae, whole galaxies give off
a lot of radio waves.

It would kinda suck to be susceptible to radio waves when your parent
star tends to emit those sort of things...

(but as an idea for other....things/items/whatnot being the Achilles
Heel to alien races, this could something that might be fun to explore)

Mk
-
During the run-and-fight-and-run-again battle through this forest of
horror,
she is finally cornered. Her weapons have been left deep in the bodies
of the
slain or broken against the granite-hard scales of these snakes that are
not
snakes. Her stand to the death must be fought here. Though her only
weapons
are her hands and her deep and wide knowledge of the slayers, she does
not
fear them. They will die. Of this she is sure.

Prev: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED) Next: Re: Radio Waves (was: RE: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED)