Prev: Re: BIG fleets. Next: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED

Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 14:10:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel - Reply

In message <l03102800b0433165b5fa@[142.104.2.101]>
	  Tony Christney <acc@uvic.ca> wrote:

> >@:) A piece of music was played, and transmitted via tunnelling,
> >@:) arriving at a speed not less than a large multiple of c, and
>
> If 2cm produces much signal loss, imagine the distortion even over
> 10cm. I wonder if the signal would even be readable with extreme
> filtering. Probably not. However, I would like to find out more about
> this experiment. It is interesting how you can trick nature in this
way.

IIRC, one of the arguments against this experiment proving
anything, was that they already knew what to expect at the
destination, and so no real information was transmitted.

(it sounds like a wacky argument, but quantum physics is
like that sometimes...)

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.

Prev: Re: BIG fleets. Next: Re: FTL: ON TOPIC ADDED