Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

Re: Ship/Crew sizes? (FT & B5 - kinda on topic)

From: Christopher Pratt <valen10@f...>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 17:38:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship/Crew sizes? (FT & B5 - kinda on topic)

Loki wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>	  We were playing a game recently and someone actually had the
> audacity to ask how big these ships were supposed to be!  After
several
> shocked moments, and a host of mumbled 'I have no idea' we tried to
figure
> it out and stuff, alas, we're too stupid, seeing as how we are all
doing an
> arts degree.	:)  So I was wondering, does anyone have a rough idea
of;

> a.) approximate ship sizes for general classes, i.e. Frigate,
Destroyer,
> Cruiser etc.
> b.) approximate crew sizes for general classes, we're considering
setting up
> a campaign and having crew sizes could be handy.
>
>	  This is for the 'official background'. <grin>
>
>	  Secondly, having recently purchased B5 Wars, I flipped eagerly
> see the ship stats, and was brought up short by the ship
lengths/crewing
> details.  Does anyone know of a good site/good information regarding
this?
> I think the ships in the manual may be a tad small compared to the
> impression I received?
>
> Loki

> Life is a comedy to those who think,
> A tragedy to those who feel.
>	    Denton
>
> Loki
> s953273@student.macarthur.uws.EDU.AU
> University  of Western Sydney - Macarthur
> Australia

I use a small formula to determine the crew sizes for my ships...

escorts...2x MASS= CREW

crusiers...3x MASS= CREW

Captial...5x MASS= CREW

that produces number that are close enough for me...

chris "damn a lot of people bought it in that dreadnought" pratt
valen10@flash.net

Prev: Re: Faster Than Light Travel Next: Re: Faster Than Light Travel