Prev: Re: Star Maps and SPI Next: RE: Faster Than Light Travel

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@b...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:04:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

>>> Aren't the effects of gravity supposed to be effective immediately
>>> across distance?  So could you postulate some sort of
>>> gravitational signal that would be instantaneous?

 > From what I understand Gravity is not instantaneous and in fact
follows
 > waves of a speed of c.

 If I remember my Honor Harrington right, wasn't one of their secret
 weapons the ability to communicate over distances before unthought of
 almost instantaneously with the use of a gravitic device?  Also they
were
 able to identify enemy ships that were very, very far away with their
 gravity signature.

 But then again it could have been a dream ;-)

 Dean
 (dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com)

Prev: Re: Star Maps and SPI Next: RE: Faster Than Light Travel