Prev: Re: More Superior Models miniatures a finally available! Next: Re: Star System Attack

Re: Faster Than Light Travel

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:14:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Faster Than Light Travel

>>Isn't this the same as in DUNE?
>>
>>Does anyone know if they every said how long distance travel is
>>accomplished in Space: Above and Beyond?

I don't really remember. It's been so long...

But thinking about it, I can only think of three truly different ways to
travel at high speeds in S.Fiction.  Every thing else is just a
variation
of one of those themes:

1) hyperspace / warp space / worm holes / etc.

2) Folding / warping (changing the reality of space time)

and

3) conventional travel	straight line,	(if one believes: the light
barrier
is just another barrier than every thinks can not be surpassed.  Much
like
the sound barrier back in the way days. < we just don't know how /
theoretically>)

if any one can think of something else that's no related to any of these
(is truly different)  please let me know...

I have been thinking about this for years now and have not come up with
any
other theories..

thanks

CMC

Prev: Re: More Superior Models miniatures a finally available! Next: Re: Star System Attack