Prev: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe) Next: Re: Lifestyles of OU

Politics if FT (was Re: Star Trek background (was... something else))

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 03:35:29 -0400
Subject: Politics if FT (was Re: Star Trek background (was... something else))

At 23:43 08/09/97 +0000, you wrote:
<SNIP> That's enough politics thank you.

>Talking of politics what exactly is the political outlook in the FT
>universe?  Is the ESU dictatorial?  Is the NAC such a wonderful place
>to live?  And what about the NSL and FSE?  Whats it like to be a
>citizen of all these states?  Views?
I would guess that, since the various forces had been at war for quite a
while before the Kra'Vak arrived and are now at war with them too, the
political systems of the Earth governments would tend towards the
extreme
of whichever side they are on. War (even an imagined one) allows a
government to do terrible things to it's people in the name of the
'common
good' . One thing wars tend not to be good for is moderate
administrations.
The excuse used for the totalitarian state in 1984 was a war which the
state's government actually  continued so it could remain in power..

					TTFN
						Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe) Next: Re: Lifestyles of OU