Prev: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures Next: Re: NSL Super-Duper-DNs

Re: Player Listing

From: "EPICS: Self-Guided Wilderness Tours" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 09:07:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Player Listing

>I was wondering if anyone had thought about creating a player listing
>with locations to put on their website?  Something like the players
>email address general location, but not address of course, fleet
>allegiance and so on.	Would something like that be useful?  The only
>worry I could thinik of is that some spam emailer company might pick
>it up.

There are currently two that I am aware of: Jeremy Sadler is hosting
one Down Under, and I am hosting one. The URLs are, respectfully:

     http://www.ozemail.com.au/~jsadler/gzgames/

     http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/location.html

All I can say about mine is that it's very basic right now, and I
haven't
had a moment since putting it up a few months ago to 'fancy it up' any.
I do plan on adding a couple 'frills' to it eventually, but it's a low
priority item right now.

I did set it so the email addresses listed are 'protected' against spam
email companies (ie, I introduce to each address a ".NO.UCE" string that
you have to manually remove if you want to email the individual(s)
listed;
yeah, a pain, but I utterly despise UCE and get way too much of it
despite
my best efforts to *not* get on those lists :( ). Also, mine is due to
move
in the near future to a more permenant site, but I'll toss a pointer
page up
when that happens.

Heck, while we're on the subject, if anyone wants to be listed, feel
free to
directly email Jeremy and/or myself (both if you want to be sure to be
found
in case someone only looks at one page or the other ;-). Our addresses
are:

      sadlerj@ocean.com.au    (Jeremy)

      kochte@stsci.edu	      (me! :)

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"

Prev: Re: SG - New Israeli's _ Eureka Miniatures Next: Re: NSL Super-Duper-DNs