Prev: was..Re: SG - New Israeli's Next: Re: What I want (really!)

Re: United States Civil War

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@a...>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 02:23:32 -0400
Subject: Re: United States Civil War

----------
> From: Phillip E. Pournelle <pepourne@nps.navy.mil>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: United States Civil War
> Date: Friday, September 05, 1997 4:03 AM
>
> The biggest problem I have had with alternate histories such as
Sterling's
> Guns of the South, is the lack of accuracy in the historical analysis.

Even though this is kinda off topic...I guess I will through my two
cents
in.  First...I thought Turtledove wrote Guns of the South....maybe not.
I agree that there was no way the South could have won a military
victory...It could have possibly made Lincoln and his generals
look bad enough to cause the North to pull out of the war.

Christopher K Smith

Prev: was..Re: SG - New Israeli's Next: Re: What I want (really!)