Prev: [COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!! Next: Re: savasku capital ships.

Re: Are there any utils for FTMAP available?

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:02:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Are there any utils for FTMAP available?

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:28:13 -0500, "Nathan" writes:
>Hello,
>
>I just recently stumbled across the FTMAP utility (which looks perfect
for
>PBEM games).  The program itself looks straight forward enough, but
>generating some of the data it needs is a bit of a problem (at least
for
>me, the mathematically challenged).
>
>It looks like one must enter the final coordinates of a ship after it
has
>moved.  Aside from me getting a total refresher of geometry and trig,
does
>anyone have a utility or spreadsheet that will take starting
coordinates
>and movement orders and output the final coordinates of a ship?
>
>A pointer to a web page/ftp site or an attachment in email would be
great!

>Thank you for your time,
>Nathan

:) I was just working on a perl script to do this exact thing over the
weekend.  It wasn't hard, but my script is undergoing some
modifications right now.  If I get it cleaned up enough to warrent
posting, I'll post it.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit  Stop the Spammers cold!
   -=-

Prev: [COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!! Next: Re: savasku capital ships.