Prev: Re: [COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!! Next: Re: Fleet survey additional

Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:23:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

[snip]

> > Sorry to disappoint you, but I strongly doubt if the Scandinavian
> > countries could afford going into space even if all five unite -
> > there are simply too few of us, and with current birth rates we
> > won't be that many more in the future.
>
> And some obscure third world countries do? C'mon, this is science
fantasy
> anyway.

Obscure? An Indonesia which has conquered most of the Tigers, or the
combination of Argentina and Brazil... OK, the Islamics and the
Pan-Africans would probably be hard pressed; but they still have a _lot_
more natural resources as well as a population base more than twenty
times ours.  Somehow I find it more likely that the ESU and NAC sponsor
third world countries than us, too :-/

But sure, it is all fantasy :-)

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC] Re: NORWEGIANS ARISE!!!! Next: Re: Fleet survey additional