Prev: Re: Fleet survey additional Next: Re: savasku capital ships.

Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 06:42:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Madison Nightmare (Geopolitics in Jon's Universe)

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Brian Burger wrote:

> Someone in this thread (the geopolitics thread, not the Madison one)
> mentioned the Scandanavian countries, and their fate. How about a
> Scandanavian Commonwealth or similar composed of Norway, Sweden,
Denmark &
> Finland? I don't know that they've got enough in common with the NSL
> join them,

Can't speak for Norway (not a member of the EU, nor likely to become
one), Iceland (roughly the same) or Finland (know too little about
their trading relations - Mikko'll have to fill in on this), but
Sweden and Denmark are very likely to end up as NSL members. We have
quite a lot in common with Germany - the biggest part of the NSL,
that is - a bit less with the UK, and not much at all with France.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I strongly doubt if the Scandinavian
countries could afford going into space even if all five unite -
there are simply too few of us, and with current birth rates we
won't be that many more in the future.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fleet survey additional Next: Re: savasku capital ships.