Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Points System for StarGrunts II

Re: Stategic Thrust

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 18:14:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Stategic Thrust

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Brian Burger wrote:
> See a post I made to the Hibernia thread regarding small nationalist
> groups who ship out of Earth to form independant colonies, or who
> rebel/seccede from their 'parent' power -- there can be loads of these
> factions, all enjoying varying degrees of success (or lack of same).
Some
> ideas I'll just spin off here of groups looking for a place of their
own:
> ...<snip>...

Yes, but how on Earth do they get off of Earth?

In other words, if a spin-off group doesn't have any starships or the
means to manufacture and/or maintain starships, then what relevance do
they have in Full Thrust?

StarGrunt is a different story -- assault rifles are cheap and plentiful
(from the point of view of a splinter faction, anyway), and you could
also
make a case for Dirtside II, but I really don't see how the Free
People's
Republic of Madison, Wisconsin is going to get into space.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Re: Stategic Thrust Next: Re: Points System for StarGrunts II