Prev: Re: Obscenities... Next: Re: was Free Tex-Cal, trying to be Geopolitics in Jon's world

Re: FT Ship Designations - OU

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:41:41 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Ship Designations - OU

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Joe Banderet wrote:

> What about the American Contingent of the NAC?  USS or HMS?
>
> Brian Burger wrote:
>
> > The OU as a republic would make far more sense than, as another
poster

> > said, sharing a monarch with the NAC. 'OUSS' as a ship designator
> > would
> > then be used -- or maybe 'OUSF' -- OU Space Force (OUSN-- OU Space
> > Navy??
> > take your pick...)
> >
> > I guess NAC ships would be HMS, of course -- or isn't there
something
> > different in the FT book? CSN, I think it is -- Confederation Space
> > Navy?
> >
> > (I like HMS, personally. More traditional -- and navies tend to be
> > traditional places.)
> >
> > Re another thread entirely: the Hibernian Republic (Ireland). Sounds
> > like
> > a great idea - even though I don't like Guiness. How about green
> > livery
> > ships w/ a golden harp embelem?
> >
> > Let me know...
> >
> > Brian.

Re the Yanks in the NAC: We're all part of the NAC, so presumably you
lot
don't get USS, but have to go along with the rest of the NAC - either
HMS
or CNS...

If you want USS _someithing_ , how about a minor group of American
rebels,
wanting to get out from under the NAC and worship the Stars & Stripes
again...check out the French-sepratist senario in More Thrust for what I
mean. There could be a lot of those groups out in space, people with one
colony and a small navy, who mostly want to be left alone.

Thoughts?

Brian.

Prev: Re: Obscenities... Next: Re: was Free Tex-Cal, trying to be Geopolitics in Jon's world