Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe

modular star ships

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 11:27:39 -0400
Subject: modular star ships

>> What I'm interested in seeing are weapons (or other) ideas that
>>really add something to the game.  Customization of FT to a specific
>>universe is interesting but I'd rather see an expansion of the types
>>and functions of weapons.  Jump torpedoes are an example of something
>>really quite new, as are the B5-style PDAF/interceptors.  These
>>systems can probably work in many universes and therefore I think they
>>would be a more valuable addition to the game than Advanced A battery
>>with range to 48" or the like.
>>-joachim

I've seen a few people with web sights that have done some star wars
stuff
with sections  but has anyone really toyed with the idea of building
modular ships (i.e. ships with a mass over 100 broken down in to
sections)?

I did a few test ideas using the Robotech universe (since every thing is
so
big and has so many weapons).

i think i have a base idea...

I have also done some home grown rules on double barreled cannons /
weapons...

Let me know if anyone has messed around with the ideas.

My $0.02

CMC

Prev: Re: Strategic Thrust Next: Re: Geopolitics in Jon's Universe