Prev: Re: Supplement publication idea Next: Re: Stategic Thrust

Re: Just a thought (a little long)

From: "Geo-Hex" <geohex@t...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 08:32:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Just a thought (a little long)

> Date: 	 Mon, 01 Sep 1997 20:45:57 -0500
> From: 	 "John D. Hamill" <finnmaccool@earthlink.net>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Re: Just a thought (a little long)

> Sprayform wrote:
> >
> > At 20:29 31/08/97 -0400, Allan wrote:
> >
> >   8< snippity spip >8
> >
> >  Go into a newsgroup and
> > >you'll often find "What's Stargrunt 2 like?" type posts. The
answers will
> > >review the game, but if you don't happen to see this post and/or
thread,
> > you have no idea.
> >
> > So we write a SGII FAQ web site (from a players point of view) It
will
> > obviously be biased (but then again you want the sort of players who
prefer
> > thinking rather than being told what to think so it shouldn't
matter), you
> > could include all the links to figures / gaming groups / other
reviews etc.

> > So who's got the time ?
> >
> > Jon (top cat)
> > Innovate then Deligate ;-)
> > Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	  [production tools]
> >					       made in
> >					  [prototype  times]
> >   'The future is now'
> The problem is not the people with net access, with a little patience
> and a good search they can find our little secret ;-) the problem is
> those still in the Paper Age. If they don't see it printed on a sheet
of
> paper it doesn't exist. We really need to get out the message in print
> somewhere, in a magazine or (gasp) a supplement (or even a whole
series
> of them). Full Thrust has gotten some good press here in the states
> (Pyramid magazine did a glowing review last year) but as far as
articles
> on any of the games... nothing. If we do nothing else we, as dedicated
> GZG gamers should write up our best ideas and submit them to a
magazine
> that will publish them. And if they won't, we should think of starting
> one of our own.

I will admit to being remiss when it comes to sending scenarios and
the like to magazines.	I am readying a DSII scenario for print in
MARS, a Canadian publication that is all about scenarios and game
reviews.  I have contacted some of the list members and those who
have worked with me or Jeff Gulliam in the past to write supplemental
material for all three rule systems.  The idea is to put the book
together, then run it by Jon for the final edit and papal blessing!!
I'm hoping to get the support and active participation of the list
members at large in this endeavor, since we will need many of you to
playtest the material before publication.   I have waited until now to
write
 because I wanted to see how this how this thread would evolve.

KR, Geo-Hex

Prev: Re: Supplement publication idea Next: Re: Stategic Thrust