Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[SG & DS Supplement

Re: Just a thought (a little long)

From: Roger Gerrish <Roger.Gerrish@b...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 03:38:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Just a thought (a little long)

Kevin Pavlick wrote:

> But why can't we MAKE them "official", thereby creating more product
> and grabbing more players.  It was said on more than one thread that
> alot of games start at the game store shelf.	Is a new game going to
> get passed over that has JUST a set of rules, when the games next to
> it has rules and multible supplements?  We all know how great the
> system is, but how does a newbie know (especially considering that
> they all come shrink-wrapped)?

I don't think the above reason is any justification for a new
supplement/s, I may be in the minority here but as a wargamer when I buy
a game it is not dependant on the amount of supplements available,
(maybe with an RPG it helps), how many people out there felt they
should'nt buy SG2/DS2because it did'nt have as many supplements as say
Battletech. I think you may be doing 'Newbies' a disservice.

Surly the only reason for new supplements is the desire by memebers of
this list (a small but representitive group of GZG players) to have some
more rules with the 'OFFICIAL' stamp on it.
I have to agree with Allan Goodall in that the best method is to produce
a 'fanzine' type document which may or may not be commented on by Jon,
containing  ideas from the list (God knows how you decide which).
It may be that when the OFFICIAL GZG products come out Jon may use some
of the ideas, then yes, you will get your names in the credits.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what Jons comments will be...

Regards........Roger

Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[SG & DS Supplement