Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: Re: Just a thought (a little long)

Re: Just a thought (a little long)

From: Kevin Pavlick <PAVLICK@x...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:22:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Just a thought (a little long)

> Are we not doing this already?Anything we put on the list can I think
be
> used by Jon.	I know he takes the output of the list very seriously,
but
> I think all we should do is continue to offer  suggestions and rules
> ideas as per normal in list postings.What you suggest is in concept a
> good idea, but WHO decides which ideas are in the final draft sent to
> Jon, I can't believe that we will find it easy to reach a consensus.
>
> If we like the ideas or rules we see published on the list daily, then
> we should try and use them when we play, do we really need the
> 'Official  Sanction'	from Jon?  I know they are  invalid in
convention
> tournaments and competitions, but for the majority of play which is in
> Clubs, groups and in the Home they can be 'House Rules'.

But why can't we MAKE them "official", thereby creating more product
and grabbing more players.  It was said on more than one thread that
alot of games start at the game store shelf.  Is a new game going to
get passed over that has JUST a set of rules, when the games next to
it has rules and multible supplements?	We all know how great the
system is, but how does a newbie know (especially considering that
they all come shrink-wrapped)?	 I'm not citing a revelation here.
Many before me here brought that analogy up, and I tend to agree (as
MANY others did, too).
> Eventually GZG will produce the supplements we want and I'm sure they
> will be influenced by the 'feedback' and ideas Jon has picked up from
> the list. They will I believe be worth the wait, and until then there
> are loads of excellent 'Unofficial' ideas being posted all the time to
> this list.

I wish I could sit back and be complacent, and I'm sure Jon is
putting forth 110% effort into complying with all our wants.  Why
can't we help?
> I hope this was'nt seen as destructive, its just my view.
>
> Regards........ Roger

No.  Never.  I never view others comments as destructive, and I thank
you for replying.  You and Allan are only trying to express concerns
I'm sure, but I'm not one to be negative/cautious about creativity
and only want to make SG (and DS) more then a passing fancy (I'm NOT
implying that it is either).

-Kevin

Prev: Re: Just a thought (a little long) Next: Re: Just a thought (a little long)