Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Changing Die Types

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:37:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

>OK so perhaps this wil start a flme war, I truly hope not.

Woo-hoo!  A chance for a heated discussion!  Cool.  Haven't had one of
those
since I unsubscribed from the Warhammer 40K lists!

>I personally don't think it is possible to make a generic SGII
>supplement dealing with aliens, for me aliens mean either distinct
>technology or distinct pshcology and /or a combination of both.  We
>already have Kryomek covered (Andy Cowell's site), there have been
>numerous postings covering the 'alien' races from the
>EE<smaller>(tm)</smaller>' pet universe, surely it would be better for
>the players who want to use aliens to just have a go at making them
>up.

Ah.  But the main difference between Human forces and Aliens forces is
their
structure and Psychology.  With that in mind, it would be very easy to
come
up with a generic system for Aliens.  For instance you could simply have
the
psychologies and probable structures for generic aliens listed.  Eg,
there
could be Hive Aliens (Heinlien's Bugs, the Aliens, etc...), Warrior
Aliens
(the Klingons, the Kra'Vak), Collective Aliens (like I originally
invisioned
the Borg, a collective consciousness without a central control) as well
as
any other alien types that people can think of.  As for tech, well that
is
really up to the individual tastes of the players for their personal
universes, but generic examples could be given such as Bio weapons,
Energy
weapons, Kinetic Weapons, etc....  Then after all that the "Official"
GZG
background and rules for it can be put in place.

>Having said this I would like to see supplements that expand upon the
>GZG background, although I personally us it very rarely.

Oh definately, but as I said above, there IS a way to genericise it (man
that sounds clumsy.  "Genericise".  Seesh! ;-)).

-Kelvin.....

 "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
  "I think so Brain but, horizontal stripes on
       trousers make me look fat.  Poit!"
	    -Pinky and the Brain
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Changing Die Types