Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Just a thought (a little long)

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 14:25:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:
> In another message I sent last night, I mentioned that _Fantasy
Rules!_ has
> a pretty good stranglehold on the "alternative to Warhammer" side of
the
> hobby. It's also building quite a following. This might be your
strongest
> opponent in this realm.

"Fantasy Rules!" is a good game, but I'm afraid that the level of
command
leaves me cold -- I can't relate to hordes of massed troops on a large
battlefield (which is probably why I don't play historical miniatures
games), especially since they're represented by only a dozen stands of
figures.

I'd much rather see a fantasy miniatures game which uses the same
command level as StarGrunt (units of 4-20 figures per "squad", and
somewhere between 2 and 6 "squads" per side). In fact, the SF miniatures
game that seems (to me) would be easiest to adapt to fantasy is Warzone.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Just a thought (a little long)