Prev: Re: Changing Die Types Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:15:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]

At 01:23 PM 8/25/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I also like the idea of a fantasy version of the FMA rules, but it
would
>be more helpful to introduce more people to DSII and SG if we had more
>than just the rulebooks for them.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think Jon might be too late for a fantasy
version,
anyway. A bunch of us started to do this earlier this year but we didn't
get
too far. Too many cooks spoiling the broth and all that. It looks,
though,
that it would be a fair bit of work. As it stands, Chipco's _Fantasy
Rules!_
looks to be the best alternative to WHFB and it's already fairly well
established.

A DS2 and SG2 supplement is needed. A lack of alien rules (the same
criticism as early Traveller, funny enough) is stopping some people from
trying the game. So is the lack of a point system. I'd rather see a DS2
and
SG2 supplement come out before FT3 but I seem to be in the minority.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Changing Die Types Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!]