Prev: Re: Rats and Roach Minis Next: Re:GZG catalog

Re: Cammo paintin'

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:33:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Cammo paintin'

At 06:43 PM 8/22/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone wish to share how they do nice cammo paint jobs
>on 1/300 and 25mm armour. Quick and not so quick techniques
>considered. Choice of colours ,reference sources.
>
>sincerely
>tim jones
>--

	I'm in the midst of painting a whole bunch of CMD tanks in Urban
Cammo.	It's a simple scheme, but it looks pretty good.  I paint the
tank a
dark grey (Cartoon Colors Grey 25, actually), and then drybrush it a
lighter
shade (CC Grey 15).  I then use Ral Partha grey, which is so light as to
be
almost white, to draw geometrical shapes on the tank.  It's quicker than
it
sounds.  I then fill in the shapes with black.	After that, I go back
and
paint the fiddly bits.	It's not perfect, but I like it.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Rats and Roach Minis Next: Re:GZG catalog