Prev: Re: Cammo paintin' Next: Re: Cammo paintin'

Re: Cammo paintin'

From: Michael <bug@i...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:12:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Cammo paintin'

At 06:43 PM 8/22/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone wish to share how they do nice cammo paint jobs
>on 1/300 and 25mm armour. Quick and not so quick techniques
>considered. Choice of colours ,reference sources.

Actually I use a very light green/gray (almost whiteish) then paint an
irregular diagonal-ish scheme in a dark green.	Lots of emphasis is
placed
on disgusing and blurring any straight lines or regular features on the
miniatures.

My thought was camo is supposed to disguse and hide vehicles, so the
spacing
and placement of the colours was done to disguise the vehicles on the
gaming
board.	It works very well in that many of my opponents have been caught
thinking one vehicle was another type, and some were caught not
realizing
the actual facing of the vehicle. (hehehehe)

Michael
Brain:	Pinky are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky:	Uh..I think so Brain but, uh..Brain? where did all those
cylinders
graduate from?

Brain: (Whacks Pinky Repeatedly)

Prev: Re: Cammo paintin' Next: Re: Cammo paintin'