Prev: Re: GZG Online Catalogue Next: Unwanted Mail attachments (MS)

Re: GZG Online Catalogue

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 03:19:58 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG Online Catalogue

At 08:40 AM 8/21/97 +0200, you wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Paul Owen wrote:
>> *** URGENT ***
>> GZG have just upped their prices due to VAT these new prices are in
>> affect NOW and can be found at the web site.
>Hm. Isn't VAT the tax you don't pay (or re-claim in the customs once
>you leave the country) if you're a foreigner?
>Should we non-UK residents pay the VAT? ...or is that non-EU
>residents only? I have to pay the Swedish equivalent of the VAT on
>all official orders from the US, but not from the UK...
Quite so. Any order from outside the UK should be exempt from UK VAT.
It's
up to your local customs (or equivalent) to impose any relevant sales
tax
upon you, not GZG. It shouldn't matter what country the good come from
though, so I think you've been getting away with it.

Having said that, I wasn't aware of any increase in VAT on gaming
products
recently. Unless GZG catalogue prices were exVAT previously, this seems
odd. Perhaps you could give us some details Jon?

		TTFN
			Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: GZG Online Catalogue Next: Unwanted Mail attachments (MS)