Prev: Re: Stargrunt forces Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam

Re: When is a Dreadnought a Dreadnought

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 09:38:02 -0400
Subject: Re: When is a Dreadnought a Dreadnought

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, Christopher Weuve wrote:

> I have some affection for FASA's _Renegade Legion_ system, where mass
> determines the class of the warship.

I don't think this is entirely correct. The ship's class seems to be
based on the amount of power generated by the ships engines; but it
is perfectly possible to have a Destroyer with a larger mass than a
Frigate (Destroyers being "smaller" than Frigates in Renegade
Legion). IIRC the basic Renegade "Frigate" class in the Leviathan
rules is smaller than one of the TOG "Destroyers", as measured in
mass used.

'Course, the way my memory behaves these days... :/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Stargrunt forces Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam