Prev: Re: new Stargrunt minis Next: Re: When is a Dreadnought a Dreadnought

Re: Fonts in SG2 and DS2 and cover artwork mystery

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:37:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Fonts in SG2 and DS2 and cover artwork mystery

>Jon (GZG)
>
>Can you recall what the fonts used for the Stargrunt II and Dirtside II

>Chapter headers and record cards were called and their availability or
were
>they the proprietary work of your typesetters as in Full Thrust.
>
>I have a large collection of SF fonts but I've never seen anything
close to
>the Stargrunt II font.

I checked with the typesetters, and though the title/logo fonts (on the
book covers) are highly modified, those used as the chapter headings are
straight, standard faces: the Dirtside one is STENCIL, and the Stargrunt
one GRAVICON DISPLAY.

>Also what is the out of focus background image on the front and back of

>Stargrunt II, you know the blue/grey blurred raster background, this is
pure
>curiosity but I just can't make out what it is (i think its the same
image on
>the front and back)?

AFAIK, the image was a stock photo of an arctic scene or glacier, turned
negative, thorougly messed around with and recoloured in Photoshop and
then
deliberately given a very pixellated effect - I think it worked quite
well!

Jon (GZG)