Prev: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest Next: Re: PFC Hoskins (was RE: Berets and other head varients.)

Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co. + The Tank Lords

From: "John Kinder" <JKinder@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:29:13 -0400
Subject: Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co. + The Tank Lords

	Greetings All,
	Drake uses the American Vietnam era call signs. In the story
"Team Effort"
in the third Fleet book, Captain Kowacks transfers command of the
company
to the weapons platoon leader. He refers to himself as Headhunter 6 and
Lt.
Wonking as Delta 6.
	I was in a Waldenbooks today and saw what looked like a new
David Drake
book. On closer examination it is a volume with the novel "Rolling Hot",
the original short story "Under the Hammer", two or three other short
stories, and the backround material on the universe of the Slammers,
Drake's experiences in Vietnam, and the TO+E of the regiment. I don't
know
if "Hammers Slammers" is out of print, but this book would be a good
intoduction to the series. It is published by Baen Books and is titled
"The
Tank Lords". Sorry I didn't write the ISBN.

> From: Glover, Owen <oglover@mov.vic.gov.au>
>
>	John wrote:
The weapons platoon is four tripod mounted rapid fire plasma weapons and
command team.

> One of the things I like about David Drake are his believable combat
> groupings!
>
> Not being picky, but perhaps there are six Plasma guns in Delta
Platoon;
> Capt Kowacs calls to D-6 to target a Weasel heavy weapon in "Rescue
> Mission".
> Huah!

John Kinder
Jkinder@worldnet.att.net

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
 abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact"
George Elliot

Prev: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest Next: Re: PFC Hoskins (was RE: Berets and other head varients.)