Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: PFC Hoskins (was RE: Berets and other head varients.)

Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:17:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

At 11:24 PM 8/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 02:28 AM 8/18/97 +0000, Rob wrote:
>
>>ARMOUR
>>	  This is the change over from iron to steel armour, isn't it?
>>think Conway's
>>1860-1905 describes the relative strengths of iron and various types
of
steel
>>armour.
>
>I believe it might be. That would explain the different thickness. The
Fuji
>was built in Britain based on the Royal Sovereign. It could be that it
used
>the heavier but weaker (thush thicker) iron armour. Unfortunately the
>Conways I used was at the library and I don't own a copy myself.
>
>Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca

	Damn! I knew there was something I forgot last night.  I have
Conway's 1860-1905 (it's almost my only Really Expensive Book) so I'll
have
a dig in it tonight.  One thing I do remember is the "Invincible"of 1880
having 24" of metal armour with 18" of timber backing in her citadel!  I
must confess to a certain fondness for the "2 turrets en echelon" Duilio
style battleship (one reason I'd quite like non-adjacent firing arcs
permitted in FT).

cheers,
Rob Paul
"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: PFC Hoskins (was RE: Berets and other head varients.)