Prev: Re: Will GZG be at Euro Gencon? Next: When is a Dreadnought a Dreadnought

OFF: Vector Movement System/Babylon 5 Wars Update

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 14:03:38 -0400
Subject: OFF: Vector Movement System/Babylon 5 Wars Update

Hello!

Sorry for the off-topic post, but given the interest that has
occasionally
been shown on this list towards Babylon 5 and SF tactical space combat
boardgames, I don't think this is too off-topic.

1) The latest iteration of the Vector Movement System for Agents of
Gaming's
_Babylon 5 Wars_ is available at http://www.wizard.net/~caw/vms.htm.
The
actual rules for the variant are now in a 3-page long Adobe Acrobat
file.
This variant replaces the AoG movement system with a more realictic
vector
movement system.

2) Arius and I will be running the game tonight at The Game Parlor in
Chantilly, VA.	We will start sometime between 6:30 and 7pm.  I don't
know
what Arius is planning for the scenario yet, by I suggested something
with a
capital ship and a couple of squadrons of fighters on each side, with
more
ships added as necessary.

3) Feedback is welcome.  We have played the system a half-dozen times,
and
have made numerous tweaks to it, but any further suggestions would be
much
appreciated.

4) "But Chris, how can this be of any use if the AoG game hasn't been
released
yet?"  Game Parlor expects to have it *tomorrow*.

5) Please note that this is not a derivation of the AoG game.  It is a
new
vector movement system for use with _B5W_ and other games.

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)		World Wide Weuvesite --
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)		http://www.wizard.net/~caw
mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)

Prev: Re: Will GZG be at Euro Gencon? Next: When is a Dreadnought a Dreadnought