Prev: Re: Computer System Survey (Highly OFF TOPIC by now) Next: Re: Is there an official DS2 or SG2 site?

Autogenerated Ship SSD's(was Application Implementation Holy Wars)

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:44:14 -0400
Subject: Autogenerated Ship SSD's(was Application Implementation Holy Wars)

On Friday, August 15, 1997 2:04 PM, Alfredo Lorente
[SMTP:alfredo@bitstream.net] wrote:
> Pardon me for mentioning this, but this thread is no longer all that
> related at GZG stuff.  Indeed, it is starting to look like a polite
> "Mac's are better than PC's", "No, you are wrong" kinda thread...

The original thread had some basis for being here in that we were
dicussing the ,media to use for delivering GZG play aids.
The original question about what media has most appeal is a valid topic.

That discussion did unfortunately wander off a 'bit' into that old
favourite Implementation Holy Wars. The Holy Wars debate is I agree most

boring (having had several airings in the past) and should die. It is a
fine
line
though between objective discussion of media and implementation
advocacy.

I think the thread has moved back on topic in discussing which
media to use and the general functional requirements of an automated
ship
SSD's which several people have expressed an interest in. Detailed
design
will not
be discussed here (fear not).

I have thus changed the subject line - to reflect where the original
thread
is now going.

I note with some ironic amusement than the original thread is now
discussing
vehicle reversal in DS2 ;-)

sincerely
tim jones
--

Prev: Re: Computer System Survey (Highly OFF TOPIC by now) Next: Re: Is there an official DS2 or SG2 site?