Prev: FT Archive Problem Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

Re: LotGH to FT ideas?

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 21:35:17 -0400
Subject: Re: LotGH to FT ideas?

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Christopher Pratt wrote:

> on another note, somebody said sugested using escorts in massed
> formations in order to simulate the huge amounts of LotGH warships as
> shown in the series...
>
> I first heard of this idea while observating a game of the
starblayzers
> tactical system at gencon, the apparently (i didn't watch the game for
> very long) most effective units on the table were the destroyer
> groups...

	They were good because:
	A.  They carry LOTS of torpedos and missiles
	B.  They're gun batteries are useful for anti-fighter/missile
work.

> i have been pondering this idea for a game of full thrust...buying
> escort class ships in formations of three ships...and running them as
> one model/unit
>
> any suggestions, or somebody who can actually convince his friends to
> play wanna try it out.....

	I must admit the idea is very intriguing. I'll have to give it a
go.

> "How many corvettes does it take to get to the center of a
> superdreadnought?"

	"I never made it without wave guns.  Ask Mr. Owl...."

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Chickens are a cruel people."
			--Crow T. Robot
			MST3K "Prince of Space"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: FT Archive Problem Next: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest