Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

RE: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 08:06:14 -0400
Subject: RE: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

	John wrote:

	>	If I remember correctly the unit is three line platoons
and one weapons
	>platoon. The line platoons would be three squads of unarmored
infantry, one
	>powered armored assault squad, and a command team. The weapons
platoon is
	>four tripod mounted rapid fire plasma weapons and a command
team. I would
	>call a line platoon six line infantry teams, two PA teams, and
a command
	>team in Dirtside II. I would call the heavy weapons as
man-portable DFFG-1,
	>must be stationary to fire. The infantry teams are issued IAVR
and GMS-L as
	>needed. The PA teams and the company command team carry
shoulder fired
	>plasma weapons- use as IAVR but pull chits as a DFFG-1. Now- go
kill some
	>Weasels!

One of the things I like about David Drake are his believable combat
groupings!

Not being picky, but perhaps there are six Plasma guns in Delta Platoon;
Capt Kowacs calls to D-6 to target a Weasel heavy weapon in "Rescue
Mission". And I think maybe the 3 round plasma weapon in the Company HQ
det maybe a personal affectation carried by Cpl Sienkiewicz
clerk/bodyguard. This might even pass as the IAVR type of weapon; 3 shot
disposable.

Given that the whole company is 103 personnel have you given any thought
to the actual man power breakdown? Mind you I guess 103 is somewhat less
than the Establishment Strength. Still 4 by 6 man squads per pl, with 6
by 4 man Plasma teams would comfortably fit the bill?

Huah!

Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: Re: 121st Marine Reaction Co.