Prev: Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...? Next: LotGH to FT ideas?

121st Marine Reaction Co.

From: "John Kinder" <JKinder@w...>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 00:37:39 -0400
Subject: 121st Marine Reaction Co.

	Greetings All,
	In all the discussion of military SF, I'm surprised no one has
mentioned
my favorite David Drake stories. Drake wrote a series of stories about
the
121st Marine Reaction Company in "The Fleet" series of story collections
edited by Bill Fawcett. They are also in the Drake story collection "The
Military Dimension- Mark Two".
	If I remember correctly the unit is three line platoons and one
weapons
platoon. The line platoons would be three squads of unarmored infantry,
one
powered armored assault squad, and a command team. The weapons platoon
is
four tripod mounted rapid fire plasma weapons and a command team. I
would
call a line platoon six line infantry teams, two PA teams, and a command
team in Dirtside II. I would call the heavy weapons as man-portable
DFFG-1,
must be stationary to fire. The infantry teams are issued IAVR and GMS-L
as
needed. The PA teams and the company command team carry shoulder fired
plasma weapons- use as IAVR but pull chits as a DFFG-1. Now- go kill
some
Weasels!

John Kinder
Jkinder@worldnet.att.net

"Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say,
 abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact"
George Elliot

Prev: Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...? Next: LotGH to FT ideas?