Prev: USCMC in Stargrunt II Next: Re: DS Universe question

Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...?

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:07:31 -0400
Subject: Re: HAVOK - a kick in the a** for GW...?

>Ground Zero Games wrote:
>>
>> >...So.... Jon, US realase through Geo-Hex, we should hope??
>> >

>> Ha - no, more likely through Toys'R'us  :)
>> Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up in the US toy trade
- go
>> and pester your local toy store for and and see.
>
>Does anyone in the US know any more?  I searched for "Havok" on
>the web and found a lot of stuff, mostly dealing with Marvel Comics,
>so I assume Havok is a comic book character.  Didn't see a game.
>I searched for Bluebird Toys and got 3 hits, mostly seem to be about
>financial things.
>
>I'll stop in at Toys R Us and take a look.
>
>Any idea whether this is more likely to be in games (like the
>Mutant Chronicles game was) or in toys (with the action figures)?
>Does it use a board?
>
>andy
>askinner@avs.com

It is a proper miniatures game (no board) - individual 28mm
figures/vehicles, card punch-out "scenery", dice and range rulers - just
like a cut-down WH40K (which is why GW are so upset). It is set in a
very
"gothic" feel universe, like a cross between 40K and Mutant chronicles
(surprise, surprise) - nasty humans (on both sides) and nastier aliens.
Despite my personal dislike of GW sytle games, this actually seems ideal
as
a way of getting youngsters into gaming, and may even (with a few
tweaks?)
be a fun game for us "adults" for that late-night session after the six
lagers and the chicken vindaloo.....
There is a Havok comic strip being published in 2000AD (the UK SF
comic),
which is a blatant merchandising effort for the figures and game.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: USCMC in Stargrunt II Next: Re: DS Universe question