Prev: Re: Computer System Survey Next: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:52:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, Joe Banderet wrote:

> This is really GREAT information!!  Just out of curiosity, is there a
> "Galactic Governing Body" like an Empire, Federation, etc., etc. in
the
> 'Hammer's Slammers" universe?  If so, I assume they're as well armed
as
> Hammer's boys.  And if this is true, do Hammer's Slammers ever mix it
up
> with them?

There is no "Galactic Governing Body" which is precisely why Hammer's
exists and can get contracts easily and never really lose.  Hammer's is
backed by the Frisia, which is one of the more wealthy planets in the
galaxy.  In the original story Hammer's Slammers was formed because the
regular Frisian regiments (12 to be precise) could not do the job of
pacifying rebels.  Equipped with the best that money could buy
(hovertanks
from Terra) and with some unorthodox tactics - nerve gas, hostages etc.
Hammer was able to dig out the resistance.  The Frisian government at
first objected to allowing Hammer's to becoma a mercenary regiment but
Hammer and the gang shot their way out and pounded an agreement with the
government.  It appears that many of the planets are independent or
exercise control over half a dozen at most.  Even Terra does not seem to
have a huge influence.	This is a ripe environment for scenarios since
almost anything can happen.  Hight ech vs. Low tech, human swarms vs
mechanized, or a high tech shoot out.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Computer System Survey Next: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures