Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Off topic Rugby thing.

Re: Eldar in DSII

From: "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:18:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Eldar in DSII

>Steve Pugh wrote:
>> Eldar: as they are the most technologically advanced race in the
>> 40,000 universe I give them enhanced or superior firecons, lots of
>> ECM and stealth. I don't give them any PDS as there's none on the
>> model and as they have good ECM to protect them.
>Do any of the GW conversions use GMS?

Wouldn't the Whirlwind be a sort of GMS tank?

>I did feel I was going to have to break some things for GW figures.

I did, too.

>I don't like the restriction for fixed mount tanks, especially on
>a maneuverable grav tank like an old Falcon.

I agree. I can understand it (to a degree) for 'grounded' vehicles, but
I had a hard time with this for grav vehicles, so allow the old Falcons
to act as if they were turreted.

>GW minis look like
>they need to be able to shoot more than one thing at a time--I was
>going to let all vehicles buy multiple fire controls like the
>oversize vehicles.  But I'd give them different ratings, and assign
>each weapon to a different FC, and each FC could fire 1 weapon
>(unless mounted together like in normal DSII).

I did this, too, for the LandRaiders I have (gave 'em each an extra FC,
then restricted the fire arc to be Right Side/Left Side). I haven't
figured out how to fuss with the new Falcons yet (been no time to
*really*
give it much thought, either).

>I actually bought the 2nd ed Space Marine box as a big box of plastic
>minis for DSII, which I had not played at the time.  Then, when my
>friend and I were going to play a game, I thought the SM rules were
>simpler, so we started with that.  I've only played DSII once, at
>Origins with Steve Gibson running a game.

That wasn't this past Origins, was it??

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Off topic Rugby thing.