Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Eldar in DSII

Re: Off topic Rugby thing.

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:15:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Off topic Rugby thing.

On Aug 13, 1997 at 12:01:31 PM, Stuart Murray <smurray@aecom.yu.edu>
wrote:

> Sorry to be picky here BUT
>
> >I think this also applies to other areas.  I heard a story about an
> >American attending school in Britain, who was introduced to rugby.
At
> >one point the Amercian simply threw a pass downfield,
American-football
> >style.  This caused quite a consternation among the other players.
He
> >was told that while such a move was not technically illegal, it is
just
> >simply "not done".
>
> This was against the rules, it would count as a forward pass, hence
not
> allowed.  Even if he threw it from a line out then if he could then he

> could throw it the width of the pitch just as long he threw it
straight
> otherwise it would be foul.

I have no personal knowledge of rugby rules; as such, it could be that
I'm
remembering the story wrong, or the person who told me (not the American
in
the story, IIRC) had the details wrong as well.

To make this topical:
If SG2 competes with 40k, and DS2 competes with Epic, and FT competes
with
(the never released) _Battlefleet Gothic_, then when is the GZG version
of
_Blood Bowl_  coming out?

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)	  Sci Fi-Arizona: books and essays by
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)	  Michael McCollum
<http://www.scifi-az.com/>

Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Eldar in DSII