Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: Eldar in DSII

Re: Dirtside Lite redux

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@w...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:16:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Dirtside Lite redux

Joseph A. Noll wrote, regarding David Brewers suggestion that GZG do DS
II
Lite with stats for GW Epic vehicles:

> This is a great Idea, but isn't that infringing on GW's copyright.  I
> don't think that they would be too happy about a competing game system

> writing rules for their models.  They may think that this would have
some
> impact on the sales of E40K.	I personally would like to see the whole
GW
> empire go down in flames, but I don't want to see GZG get in trouble
for
> doing something like what you propose.

Caveat:  I am not a lawyer, etc., etc., but I _think_ that if the stats
used
neither the GW terms (landraider, bolter, etc.) nor included an
illustration,
that this would be okay.  GW can hardly copyright the idea the *idea* of
an
AFV with one large gun on each side, two lighter AP guns on top, and
transport
capacity for ten infantry.

Joseph A. Noll wrote:
> I to have done some Epic conversions to DSII and I took the previous
tact
> and made the landraider a big, slow AFV with no troop carring ability.
> think I gave it 2 linked HEL-4, APWS, and reactive armor.

Peter Ramos added:
> I always believed this vehicle represents a main battle tank not a
> transport. I will however post the spartan land raider variant which
is a
> troop carrier.

This also begs the question of whether the goal is to allow people to
use GW
figures with DS II, or also allow them to fight DS II battles in the GW
universe.  If the latter, then it would probably be A Good Thing to not
chang
the capabilities of the GW pieces too much...

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)	    _Exordium_: the fan web page
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)
<http://www.wizard.net/~caw/exordium.htm>

Prev: Re: Dirtside Lite redux Next: Eldar in DSII