Prev: The Evil Empire revised. Next: Conversions

Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:30:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

At 11:13 PM 8/11/97 +0000, Peter Ramos wrote:

>Having recently played Dirtside II, I was wondering if a full
conversion
>of all epic models to DSII. I've seen some attempts posted on some web
>pages and that has wetted my appetite to try this out.
>
>Is there any interest for such a thing?

I think so. I've sent several people my Marine and Ork conversions. Not
everyone agreed with them, though. My philosophy was to stick with DS2
as
the main basis and adapt the GW background/minis/etc. to it, rather than
the
other way around.

I ended up building the vehicles as per the DS2 rules. This resulted in
Land Raider that couldn't transport troops. To fix this, I created
another
Land Raider model with less firepower but more cargo capacity. I also
created a couple of other vehicles (a HQ vehicle and a counter battery
radar
vehicle) based on the Rhino chassis. Some people liked this idea, but
others
detested it. It depends on whether you want the resulting fusion to be
"true
to DS2" or "true to GW".

Have a go at it, though. I'm particularly interested in seeing Eldar
stats.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: The Evil Empire revised. Next: Conversions