Prev: RE: Detachments & actions in SG2 (attn jon) Next: RE: Seeking some scenery help

RE: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II.

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:45:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Gurkhas in Stargrunt II.

> ----------

divide into both
	>tropical regions and mountains.  the Gurkas are raised mostsly
from the
	>tropical/semi tropical regions.  The mountainous regions are
not artic-like
	>in their ecology.  I believe the mountainous regions below the
snow line
	>are very dry and arid with little vegetation, above the snow
line then I
	>guess you may call it artic because of the snow but people
don't generally
	>live that high (unless they are climbers !).

Whilst the Ghurka is a temperate climate native the British army have
employed their units in all areas of the world. The Ghurka performed
just as well in the Falklands as they do anywhere else. That is one
difference between the professional soldier/unit and a militia/reserve.
Training, acclimatisation and good leadership all contribute; attributes
the Ghurka Regiment display in abundance.

Owen Glover
IT Services

Prev: RE: Detachments & actions in SG2 (attn jon) Next: RE: Seeking some scenery help