Prev: RE: Anti-Tank Guns Next: Re: Missile Command

Anti-Tank Guns

From: Nils A Hedglin <Nils_A_Hedglin@c...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 18:11:00 -0400
Subject: Anti-Tank Guns

Text item:

Since AT guns use direct fire, (as opposed to an artillery's indirect
fire), we just design a vehicle with no armor or power system (unless
it's a powered weapon like HEL, MDC).  Buy the vehicle frame, gun &
FireCon & that's it.  We haven't worried about ammo storage.  Since
I'd guess the ammo necessary for artillery harassing fire to be about
the same as for an AT gun, so maybe the ammo won't require any cargo
space.

Nils

Nils_A_Hedglin@ccm.fm.intel.com
I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

I finally started reading the Dirtside rules, and noticed that there
are no rules for towed anti-tank guns (a la German 88's).  What do
people do?  Follow the rules for the towed Artillery?  House rules?

Also, Since there are a few (ex-) artillerymen in the list, is it
reasonable to give towed artillery a 180 degree arc of fire?  Can you
twist your cannons that much?

Thanks!

Alfredo
-------
-
Alfredo Lorente 		  "End This." -- Delenn
Minneapolis, MN 		Lines of Communication
alfredo@bitstream.net	      Babylon 5

Text item: External Message Header

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 10:44:57 +0000
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: "Alfredo Lorente" <alfredo@bitstream.net>
Comments: Authenticated sender is <alfredo@bitstream.net>
Sender: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk

Prev: RE: Anti-Tank Guns Next: Re: Missile Command