Prev: RE: Starship Troopers & Armour Next: RE: Starship Troopers & Armour

RE: The Millennial Project

From: Randy Campbell <campbelr@p...>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 05:12:36 -0400
Subject: RE: The Millennial Project

>> 4) As an alternative to spin, Marshall Savage argues in his _The
Millennial
>> Project: Colonizing the Galaxy in 8 Easy Steps_ (1992) that the
latest
>> research indicates that special skin-tight garments and
electro->stimulation of muscle groups (while sleeping) would provide the
necessary >>tension and exercise to prevent loss of bone mass and muscle
tone. He >>also postulates spacesuits of the skin-tight semi-permeable
design used >>by JEP and LN in _Mote_, with tungsten armor over the top
of them for >>radiation shielding.

>> I enjoyed the first thirty pages of this book so much that I called
up the
>> First Millenial Foundation and ordered a second copy in hardcover.
I'm >not sure I buy all of Mr. Savage's calculations, but the man sure
has vision, >>and the book is definitely worth the $25 (hardcover) price
tag.

>Yes it is VERY interesting! 8) Lots of info to build an imaginary
future
>around.

>My freind picked his copy up at an "overuns/discontinued" bookstore for
>only $4....It does pay to keep your eyes open!

Actually the whole book, (as well as most of the originization, The
First Millennial Foundation, that is) is realy good for "outside the
box" thinking.

If anyones interested they might also check the local library,	I'v
dropped off enough copies  everywhere I've been. :)

In FT terms though, Asgard would be a bit vurnerable, though, between
the Terran and Lunar versions of Bifrost, You'd have a combination
planetary based Kra'Vak rail-gun and a super AA Mega-battery. Could give
even the Kra'Vak pause......

Randy
(FMF core Member, as is you couldn't tell :)

Prev: RE: Starship Troopers & Armour Next: RE: Starship Troopers & Armour