Prev: Re: Ship Prefix's Next: Re: Ship's Python

Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 18:27:50 -0400
Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

At 19:36 01/08/97 -0400,Allan wrote:

>>...What silent space combat ,ships 1000 of Kms apart and only seeing
laser
>>shots if ypu are looking down the fire line !!
>>....wow thats gona get _some_ ratings! ;-)
>
>Well, a number of SF novels managed to do it while still being
interesting.
>The Mote in Gods Eye did a good enough job without it looking like WW2
in
>space. Unfortunately TV is still stuck with the idea that science
fiction =
>space opera.

Yup, although science fiction +15 years is sometimes = science fact !!
      (I,m still waiting for 'Barbarella' U.N. ;-P )
will try to look up the oft quoted book though

Jon (t.c)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: Ship Prefix's Next: Re: Ship's Python