Prev: Re: SG2 questions Next: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

Re: SG2 questions

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 06:43:40 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2 questions

>Hello all,
>
>	 Just picked up DS2 and SG2.  Was playing our first game of SG2
when we
>came to some quirky things in the rules.
>	 1st. When making a close assault you roll combat movement(2d6
in this
>case). Only one of my marines(using our 40k stuff right now. Have some
of
>the fine SG2 figs on order) made contact.

The attacking unit moves as a whole (one combat move roll for them all,
not
individual rolls per figure) - if the group moves far enough that its
lead
figures get into contact, then the whole unit has made it.

  Can I opt to suck up the fire to
>get my second move action?  Can other units nearby take reaction shots
if
>it takes me 2 moves to get into close assault?

Yes.

>	 2nd.  3 marines made contact and defeated each of their
opponents.  As
>we
>read the rules the losing unit makes a threat roll equal to their LV +
# of
>casualties(3 in this case). The losing unit needed a 6+ and made it.
Next
>we fight another round of close assault. Do I just beat the snot out of
the
>wounded guys some more?  We said that the losing unit auto failed the
treat
>roll but is this correct?

Reallocate your attackers against unwounded defenders for second combat
round. No wounded can be treated until the combat is over.

>	 By the way we love the game.  The best implentation of morale
and
>leadership ever seen without 4 books of rules.  The EW and Comm rules
are
>really nice also.  You guys did a smashing good job on this game.

Thanks!!  :)

>(support wpns are handy)  If I have a unit with 2 SAWs can I use both
in
>support of small arms combat?

Yes.

>Also it seemed quite easy to transfer actions to sub-units. Is this the
way
>it is supposed to be?

It is fairly easy if your units and officers are good enough. If one or
both are poor quality, then it gets much harder.

>				 Thanks for all the help to the lost and
>confused
>						 That Chuk Guy

No problem. Thanks for playing!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: SG2 questions Next: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour