Prev: Re: Rotational Gravity (was OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)) Next: Starship Troopers & Armour

SG2 questions

From: Sutherland <charles@n...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:17:21 -0400
Subject: SG2 questions

Hello all,

	Just picked up DS2 and SG2.  Was playing our first game of SG2
when we
came to some quirky things in the rules.
	1st. When making a close assault you roll combat movement(2d6 in
this
case). Only one of my marines(using our 40k stuff right now. Have some
of
the fine SG2 figs on order) made contact.  Can I opt to suck up the fire
get my second move action?  Can other units nearby take reaction shots
if
it takes me 2 moves to get into close assault?
	2nd.  3 marines made contact and defeated each of their
opponents.  As we
read the rules the losing unit makes a threat roll equal to their LV + #
of
casualties(3 in this case). The losing unit needed a 6+ and made it.
Next
we fight another round of close assault. Do I just beat the snot out of
the
wounded guys some more?  We said that the losing unit auto failed the
treat
roll but is this correct?

	By the way we love the game.  The best implentation of morale
and
leadership ever seen without 4 books of rules.	The EW and Comm rules
are
really nice also.  You guys did a smashing good job on this game.

(support wpns are handy)  If I have a unit with 2 SAWs can I use both in
support of small arms combat?
Also it seemed quite easy to transfer actions to sub-units. Is this the
way
it is supposed to be?

				Thanks for all the help to the lost and
confused
						That Chuk Guy

Prev: Re: Rotational Gravity (was OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)) Next: Starship Troopers & Armour