Prev: Re: GenCon Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

Re: Ship Prefix's

From: Alan E Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 02:04:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Prefix's

Allan Goodall wrote:

> Panzerkampfwagen = 4 syllables (panzer kamph wag en)
> PKW = 4 syllables (pee kay double you)

Nope, Pay Car Vay. Auf Deutsch, that is.

> It was a rhetorical question and a joke. I just find the idea of
Kennedy
> saying "Ich bin eine Hamburger" terribly hilarious for no apparent
reason.

No worse that "Ich bin ein Berliner". Listen to the sound track some
time. There is a moment of stunned silence before the crowd realises a)
What he said and b) What he meant.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Re: GenCon Next: Re: Ship Prefix's