Prev: Re: Alternate primers Next: Re: ACH! DER NSL IS IN DER HAUS!!(ship's prefix)

Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two...

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:17:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two...

Kent McClure wrote:
>Regarding casting and making bubble free molds, this may not be 100%
effective
>but when I last made some molds I placed it on my washing machine
during the
>spin cycle.  The vibrations caused most of the air bubbles to rise to
the
>surface.  I believe a dryer will accomplish the same thing.

The products I've been using from Synair and Castolite have always
produced
bubble free molds since most are self out-gasing.  The only trouble I
have
had was using fast curing resin that sometimes just doesn't quite fill
in
all the detail before curing.  When I cast in lead, this is not a
problem.
Next technology to pursue: spin casting.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Alternate primers Next: Re: ACH! DER NSL IS IN DER HAUS!!(ship's prefix)