Prev: Re: ACH! DER NSL IS IN DER HAUS!!(ship's prefix) Next: Re[2]: Convention FT Demo games (was: RE: Mini Figs Tip; Num

Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 (was Re: Minis Update)

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:52:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 (was Re: Minis Update)

>>*Stardate:3000
>>I recently spoke to the folks at Valiant Enterprises regarding the
>>re-release of the old Stardate:3000 line of starship minis.  The rep
said
>>their stock was currently empty(of which I tried ordering 8 kits prior
:( ),
>>but they will be remastering the molds by the end of summer and
restart
>>production once again.
>
>Wow, talk about syncronicity. Um, you guys are probably going to hit me
for
>this, but a friend of mine gave me a bunch of these figs. Actually a
lot of
:
You lucky dog!	Free!  Sheesh, I've been trying to find these buggers
for
years and all I hear is how someone finds a ton for next to nothing and
now
free. 8) Any chance you feel you might need to unload some of these
minis,
please let me know ASAP.

>Does anyone have any information about the alien ships? My friend
bought
>them when they were first released (I've got them dated at about 1978;
yes
>they are older than some list members!). The lead is in good shape,
with
>only the barest hint of "lead rust." Only one set of Phantoms are in
their
>original baggie. I have two sets of human ship assembly instructions
but
>nothing for the aliens. I'd like to know what classes were released for
the
>alien ships. Anyone have any ideas, or the URL of a sight with these
ships
>on them?

Currently, Valiant does not have a Web site.  I have some printed
material
from the original ads and listings if you are interested.

>Also, does anyone (Mike?) have any idea as to when Valiant plans to
>re-release them? Will they be the same size, or will they do new models
and
>up size them?

They will be re-released at the end of summer.	No definite date as of
yet.
I will try to keep all posted on this.	AFAIK the minis will be the
same,
only the molds will be remastered.  I'm not sure what plans they may
have to
exend the line.

Mike Miserendino